Why do I need a fire seal?

Most commercial, public, and other large buildings have isolated areas, which are required to stop fire penetrating. These isolated zones are normally broken up by the category of building (eg: Class 6: retail; Class 7a: carpark; class 9 public building; etc) Isolation is normally designed via location of building elements, such as masonry floors and walls. The firerating of these building elements can be compromised by the (necessary) structural movement gaps. In order to ensure correct fire rating of movement gaps in building elements, Unison provide a wide range of high-movement fireseals, which are compliant with Australian, New Zealand and British standards.